Monday, April 30, 2007

Great use of ECRR concepts!

I enjoyed reading about Amy and Donna's use of ECRR concepts at their storytimes last week. I was especially glad to see Amy's use of the nonfiction books. We are trying to use the nonfiction books more here at Newton and to encourage parents to check them out along with their easy picture book selections.

Donna - I like the use of the bilingual words next week for Cinco de Mayo. We have a number of very easy bilingual books that might be fun to use for the vocabulary concept.

Also - the duck prop box was really neat. I enjoyed seeing it at the meeting last week. It reminded me of when I attended community college in Denver, CO. The early childhood courses that I was taking focused on different learning areas for children, such as math, shapes, colors, letter recognition, etc. And we would make games to use in the classroom with our children. It was so much fun to make these things and then to use them with the children.

Keep up the good work and I will look forward to the postings next week to see what else you have done!

Donna - you and April may want to give out some of the brochures that Amy found. They are attractive and very informative.

Lynne

No comments: